2017 Understanding the Legislative Process: An Educational Forum
presented by Florida Commission on the Status of Women
Join the Florida Commission on the Status of Women and our partners from across Florida for a day dedicated to educating women about the legislative process. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how ideas become laws and learn the tools needed to be leaders in their communities.
This annual event is one of education and inspiration, providing a unique opportunity to observe the legislative process in action, Come to learn from experienced professionals, develop personal relationships and be inspired to work with like-minded organizations to create a better state for the women and families of Florida.
March 29 – 30, 2017 will be filled with networking and learning about how the real-life legislative process works.
Forum activities include:
- Dynamic and informative speakers with real-life experience in the legislative process
- Networking opportunities with women and organizations from across Florida
- Evening reception on the 22nd Floor of the Capitol
- FCSW Celebration Luncheon
- Self-arranged meetings with lawmakers (Find your Legislator here.)
- Guided tours of the Capitol and the opportunity to attend legislative committee meetings and session activities
This non-partisan, educational event takes place at the Florida Capitol and throughout the Capitol Complex. It is free, but registration is limited. There will be a waiting list, so register today!